POSITION: Adjunct Economics Instructor – Evening Classes QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Economics or Masters Degree in another area with 18 graduate hours of Economics required; college teaching experience in Economics preferred. RESPONSIBILITIES: Teach classes in Macro- and Micro-Economics courses as assigned; assume other academic duties as assigned. POSTED: February 13, 2019 DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 18, 2019 STARTING DATE: Summer 2019
INSTRUCTIONS: copy and complete the application; attach a resume; have two letters of recommendation written and have official transcripts sent to the address on the back of the application. You may call 662-562-3211 with questions.
Northwest Mississippi Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, gender identity, age, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in all its programs and activities. Northwest Mississippi Community College prohibits sexual harassment and all forms of sexual violence, regardless of sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973: Disability Support Services Coordinator, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 5555, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3309, e-mail address email@example.com; Title II of the Age Discrimination Act: Vice President for Finance and Administration, James P. McCormick Administration Building, P.O. Box 7017, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3216, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972/Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: Vice President for Student Services, Tate Hall, P.O. Box 7010, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668, telephone number 662-562-3997, e-mail address email@example.com.
The safety and security of students, faculty, and staff is very important to Northwest Mississippi Community College. A copy of the Annual Security Report, published annually by the Campus Police Department, details Northwest policies and procedures regarding campus safety. A copy of the report, which contains the annual crime statistics report, is available online in the current Northwest Bulletin (www.northwestms.edu/bulletin) or on the Northwest website (http://www.northwestms.edu/index.php/?page_id=989) and in printed form upon request from the Campus Police Office (662-562-3314).
Adjunct Economics Instructor – Evening Classes - DeSoto Campus - Deadline for Application: March 18, 2019
POSITION: Landscape Laborer – Seasonal Part Time QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, continuously walk, stand, bend, squat, and sit
- Must be able to work in conditions of high pollen, dust, or any other natural outdoor air quality
- Experience and working knowledge with weed eaters, blowers, lawn clean-up equipment
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- Weed eating, mowing, and blowing of all lawn areas
- Work on seasonal lawn projects including sod installation, bed weeding, mulching, digging, planting, campus wide clean up, drainage projects, and winter prep for turf.
- Work conditions are outside in all seasonal weather conditions.
- Maintain a professional work environment, abiding by NWCC rules and policies.
- Participate in daily crew meetings. Attend safety meetings.
- Respond to inclement weather events, possibly at times when campus is closed.
- Any and all other duties in the areas of the physical plant construction, maintenance, grounds, etc. as assigned by the Grounds and Landscaping Supervisor, Assistant Director, and/ or Director of the Physical Plant.